Friday, October 13, 2006

Big mistake

Blunkett on the publication of a biography in 2004 - "For the rest of my life, I will regret speaking to Stephen Pollard. It was the biggest mistake of my years in frontline politics."

Such a big mistake that two years later he publishes another series of indiscretions about cabinet colleagues in his new AUTObiography. I can see it might seem a different barrel of monkeys when you're getting the fee from Bloomsbury, the Mail and the Guardian.

It's one of those diaries with comments in parenthesis after big events, which is more fun to read but also silly when you get entries on cabinet meetings before the invasion of Iraq, and he adds 'of course I knew all along it would be a total cock-up'.

There are copies floating round the office, it's a monster.

I'm currently trying to read another monster about Wilson's government because I borrowed it off Daisy. It's pretty interesting, although the description of Patricia Hewitt as a hot young thing in the office was a bit of a wig-out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home