Thursday, March 22, 2007

Non denial denials

From the Backbencher - spot on.

LORD TURNBULL: A CLARIFICATION

While I was a civil servant for many years, first joining the Treasuryin 1970 and working my way up to become Josef's perm sec, I neverimagined that comments I made to a journalist about the command andcontrol freak, sorry, chancellor, would ever be published in anewspaper. They do represent an approximation of my views, but werenot balanced in the article by some padding about the success ofGordon's Five-Year Plans, sorry, economic record. I regret the FT'sirresponsible decision to quote me and I think it ought to be veryclear to any experienced reporter when I am not speaking on and offand on the record again. The fact that Gordon will have to wait sometime before he can kick me out of the Lords naturally informed thedecision to share some of my observations about his managerial style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home